non delivered radio postal employee thieves?

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
ac9xh

non delivered radio postal employee thieves?

Post by ac9xh »

I had to show id and my debit card last time,to purchase a money order. they claimed its because of mail fraud. I think ive been identy thefted. anyone have this problem or ever hear about having to show both drivers license and debit card to purchase a money order of $60?This ws to purchase a radio posted here on qth classifieds.

david
ac9xh
Last edited by ac9xh on Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n1js

Re: non delivered radio postal employee thieves?

Post by n1js »

I have NEVER had to show any ID for any postal money order.
ac9xh

Post by ac9xh »

i thought it seemed strange.

and the two female clerks were looking at each other and then had a weird look on their faces, so you think ive been had?
ac9xh

Post by ac9xh »

Just called the frankfort indiana post office and they said they always had that rule if you use a debit card. WEIRD ISNT IT? ive been buying money orders for years there with a debit card and now they say this and afterwards ive been noticing wierd stuff happening with my emails and bank account.

they said its due to mail fraud and if you purchase a money order with a debit card you have to show your drivers license and show them your debit card. YEA I FELL FOR THIS BIG TIME. even in my town they dont require that.

scammers with good memories come in many forms!!!!!!!!