Possible scam N3XXT

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
K8BMZ

Possible scam N3XXT

Post by K8BMZ »

N3XXT has a FT-7900 listed right now. Originally listed at $150. I contacted him, he said I was the first to respond. I sent payment via paypal. He immediately 'accidentally' refunded me. I verified it shows refund pending in paypal, then resent the payment and verified to him in an e-mail that I sent it. He has also refunded that payment to me, and lowered the price on the listing to $125 ?? And has not responded to any emails since. One of the two refunds is still in 'pending', which worries me this is a scam. It is all very fishy.
KB6MAT

Re: Possible scam N3XXT

Post by KB6MAT »

I would think the same thing...
K8BMZ

Post by K8BMZ »

He still has not responded to any emails.. My return is still 'pending' in PayPal.. I am not sure if that is a guarantee the money will come back..

https://swap.qth.com/view_ad.php?counter=1576371
n1js

Post by n1js »

I did that once or twice. Had a couple people interested in item and two different people sent me the cash. I refunded the second one as it was sold. Never relisted it though at a lower price . . . That sounds fishy
K8BMZ

Post by K8BMZ »

UPDATE: I did get all my money back.. but still radio silence from the seller.
kg4eti

Post by kg4eti »

This is a definite scam. I wish I had looked him up before contacting. I emailed him on 03/03 regarding the same radio and received this reply:

Hi Hugh, though it was sold but have not seen payment yet.
The FT-7900R/E is yours but I don't use PayPal, had a bad experience.
I use VENMO and my address is @Darryl-Vickers-1
Or I can send you a request
Yaesu FT-7900R $125
$18 shipping

I sent the money as requested and have heard nothing. Now I'm wondering how I get my money back.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!
Ka1mzg

Post by Ka1mzg »

He has scammed me also for the radio below. I responded to this ad on 3/20 and paid the 100$. He has not shipped the radio and has not responded past giving a couple vague promises to refund my money and to say he had Covid. It’s my own fault for not paying with payment protection on Venmo but I have never had a bad transaction with a ham before. Lesson learned but I also advise against buying anything from him.

Ka1mzg(Gary)

Ad is still active:

RADIOVHF - YAESU V8-8R
For Sale: A YAESU VX-8R that I got in a trade with some other equipment. The VX-8R is in perfect working order from a non smoking environment but it is to small for me .
It comes with the 6 meter stub and the BU-1 Blueth Adapter Unit installation Manual.
Also I have the charging cord that I charge with my power supply.
No Power Cube Charger.. No Manual
$100 Shipped
contact Darryl-N3XXT N3XXT1 at gmail.com or (215)307-6388
Listing #1581974 - Submitted on 03/19/22 by Callsign N3XXT - IP: mobile-166-205-153-022.mycingular.net
Click to Contact -- Click Here to View Picture -- Send this Ad to a Friend