Mark Roddy W5RD

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
N2DJS

Mark Roddy W5RD

Post by N2DJS »

I was trying to work with Mark to purchase a FT-736. His ad was up briefly here. While asking specific details about the radio, I got a nasty response followed by an aplology and asked to give him a call. I called and left a message. All of a sudden his price dropped but he wanted me to pay a debt on a guitar at a music store. I offered PayPal only and he left a rude message. Then he told me he dropped the unit. I am not sure if this guy is the ham or just using his call sign but his email did match up. w5rd@ymail.com. Stay away until he gets his meds straightened out or proves otherwise.
W5RD

Re: Mark Roddy W5RD

Post by W5RD »

My apologies to this ham. I was rude. He pushed all the buttons that really upset me. I talked to Scott ka9fox, about the problem email. I apologised to QTH, for my angry email. I can assure everyone that I do most of my buying and selling on this web page and that I am NOT a scammer. :mrgreen: