KG5YVL SCAMER David D Satterwhite Vinita, OK

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
BARRYFL

KG5YVL SCAMER David D Satterwhite Vinita, OK

Post by BARRYFL »

KG5YVL David D Satterwhite
32153 S 4420rd
Vinita, OK 74301
ON 18 JULY 21 made an agreement to Sell me a Radio and Ship it to me from Oklahoma to Florida . I sent him as agreed on Email
$200 Two Hundred Dollars on Paypal. which i have the Recipt . I also have all the Emails saved and will Copy Paste some
here. Today is 21 JULY 21 and its now 1300 hours in Florida.

I have not got any TRACKING
I have not got a REFUND
i have not got email

its plain its unmistakenly clear thatKG5YVL David D Satterwhite of Vinta OK is a SCAMMER
read the Emails
Re: david
Yahoo/Archive

David D Satterwhite <dsatterwhitekg5yvl@gmail.com>
To:wildcard
Sun, Jul 18 at 7:42 AM
Alright
But keep to your word!!
send it friends and family to the PayPal address below

Tamiareaj@gmail.com

Send me a screenshot after payment

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 8:30 AM wildcard <wildcardsworld@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi its very dark out now you may be sleeping .. When you wake
up you will read this ... You said you only do Friends and Family

I asked for an Invoice as you know . Let me ask you this !!!

Are you willing to take Friends & Family of $200 and ship
the Stoner with Tracking & Insured and when it gets here
ill plug it in . It works i will then Friends and Family the
Balance ?

Barry
PAYPAL 18 JULY 21
You sent $200.00 USD to Daone Satterwhite
the name and Email david used

Re: Hi David
Yahoo/Archive

Mon, Jul 19 at 5:32 PM
No, I didn't.That will be tomorrow as I’m very disappointed with my doctors appointment today 😓😓

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 10:23 PM wildcard <wildcardsworld@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi did you box the radio ? When will ya get to the Shipper ? Please
let me know the Tracking info
thanks Barry KD0USA

Re: David
Yahoo/Archive

Tue, Jul 20 at 3:54 PM
Sorry about that will get back to you with tracking number before the
end of today

IT NEVER CAME YES I DID TAKE A HAMS WORD FOR HIS HONESTY I GOT RIPPED OFF FOR $200
I HOPE NO ONE ELSE BUY S FROM DAVID
AND OR WATCH FOR ANY OTHER HAMS LICENSED AT HIS HOUSE IN OKLAHOMA
ITS POSTED ON HE QRZ.COM PAGE

this is posted by KD0USA BARRY I AM GOOD ON QRZ.COM
THANKS FOR READING THIS
BARRYFL

Re: KG5YVL SCAMER David D Satterwhite Vinita, OK

Post by BARRYFL »

i Hope he reads this or his friend and that he makes
good so i can post that he made good
BARRYFL

Post by BARRYFL »

as of 22 July 21 i have reported
this TO PAYPAL so i hope that it will PREVENT Future Scams
to block further transactions
Remark36

VERIFIED 2nd TIME a SCAMER by KG5YVL DAVID D SATTERWHITE VINITA, OK

Post by Remark36 »

VERIFIED 2nd TIME a SCAMER by KG5YVL DAVID D SATTERWHITE VINITA, OK
By Remark36 Mon Jul 26, 2021
Approximately four hours before the first SCAMER report on Mr. Satterwhite was filed on QTH, I also was taken by KG5YVL = BEWARE do not send him funds of any kind. I posted a WTB ad on QTH.com on 7-20-21 early in AM. Received response from KG5YVL indicating that he had the item I was looking for. I looked him up both on QRZ and QTH, he was VERIFIED 2nd TIME a SCAMER by KG5YVL DAVID D SATTERWHITE shown there. Asked to see a picture of a particular part of item I was looking for. He had NO pictures. We settled on a price., HOWEVER KG5YVL indicated that PAYMENT MUST BE MADE VIA PAYPAL “FAMILY AND FRIENDS”.
I normally do not use “PayPal “Family and Friends” because of the NO fraud protection policy. I still did not see a SCAM in process. I offered to pay the PP fees, etc. Still he only wanted the F&F payment. SO I sent KG5YVL his Paypal F&F $$$. IT is now late Tue 7-20th and I am looking thru QTH ads and the “SCAMER AD” appears. Most that is in BarryFL email’s reads like my emails from KG5YVL. I contacted KG5YVL immediately. A number of emails have gone back and forth now, as of today 7-26-21, NO Meter has arrived at my qth, nor an email that states shipment date, with a tracking number, also no further emails been received from this SCAMER - KG5YVL - DAVID D SATTERWHITE of VINITA, OK BEWARE!!!!!
K7BEN

IMPORTANT NOTICE regarding this scam!

Post by K7BEN »

Please not that KG5YVL himself is not the scammer. The scammer has hacked his accounts and acted as David without David's knowledge. I was to get the cell phone number for David's wife and they were very apologetic about the situation despite being victims of the scam themselves. They are aware of what is happening and are working to reset their passwords on QTH.com and QRZ.com where I was scammed for $159.

Here is how the scam works for those who don't know.

The scammer hacks into a ham's account, pretending to be them. You post in the forum that you are looking for a piece of equipment. The scammer, as David, says they have the item and proceeds to 'sell' you the item for the agreed amount. They will always ask you to send the payment to a different e-mail address than the one they are using to communicate. This is the first red flag. If you ask for a picture of the item, search Google for pictures and see if that picture is the exact same as one in the Google search. That is a second red flag. The scammer steals or sets up E-mail addresses for one time use on PayPal. Once the money is in their account, they delete the paypal account and open a new one with a newly stolen or hacked E-mail account.

Regards,
Ben Bramlett
K7BEN
ka2fir

Post by ka2fir »

Do your Due Diligence before entering a sale/trade.