Scammer... Maria P. McKnight KA4YZL

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
k7jq

Scammer... Maria P. McKnight KA4YZL

Post by k7jq »

I'm posting this as I saw a scam report on this person on qrz.com. Same thing (almost) happened to me.

I posted a "want to buy" ad, and received a very simple response that "she" had the item to sell to me. I asked for a picture and price. I received a picture with no ID on it (QSL card, piece of paper with call sign, etc), along with a ridiculous asking price...same as retail. I replied with a very low ball offer and she accepted. She claimed to have purchased it from DXE one month earlier, so I asked for another picture with a copy of the DXE invoice next to it. No further response. Probably copied the picture off the internet from a previous for sale ad. Beware....
w0bkr

Re: Scammer... Maria P. McKnight KA4YZL

Post by w0bkr »

Got one also, pretty much same method as other scammers....trashed it and moved on. Not sure which is worse, these lids or the ones that make you an offer and then dissipate like a fart in a whirlwind and never pay...same category. Dishonest and low life lids.