Scammer WH7YA

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
K4ADZ

Scammer WH7YA

Post by K4ADZ »

Beware:.

Scammer using the following callsign:

Name: Henry Poulei
Callsign: WH7YA
E-mail: henryngowh7ya@gmail.com
IP Address: 76.173.147.254 -- (Check IP at https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/76.173.147.254)

Paid for a radio and they had me send to an email which requested funds in Euros, AGAINST better judgement I sent it... And now am going through PayPal to get reimbursed... Big time scam...I knew better but they deal got the best of me.
KF5WCN

Re: Scammer WH7YA

Post by KF5WCN »

Posted a WTB ad, and he replied with exactly what I wanted. Supposedly was "Henry Poulei" WH7YA. Even found a photo of the radio that google images couldn't locate. I found it buried in an old for sale add on QRZ.

Wanted payment sent to: Stevenseagalfan.11@gmail.com after his PayPal suddenly "had an issue"
ka2fir

Re: Scammer WH7YA

Post by ka2fir »

WH7YA has no published email address on qrz.com. Big red flag!

His licensed expired on 2019-12-15. The QRZ account is unmanaged.

Did you pay with goods and services or Friends and Family? The latter offers NO protection whatsoever.

Due diligence.

Definition of due diligence
1 law : the care that a reasonable person exercises to avoid harm to other persons or their property
failed to exercise due diligence in trying to prevent the accident
2 business : research and analysis of a company or organization done in preparation for a business transaction (such as a corporate merger or purchase of securities