Fraud Alert

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
w8spm

Fraud Alert

Post by w8spm »

Someone named Derrell Holsonback posed as Dave Fairchild KJ6RDJ and answered my WTB Ad on QTH ! When money was sent by PAY PAL I sent it to deemaan2 at yahoo.com and the name on the receipt sent to me by PAY PAL was Derrell Holsonback ! I have no way to contact Dave Fairchild KJ6RDJ to let him know someone is posing as him ? Be aware ! email me at w8spm at suddenlink.com if you have Questions ? Sam W8SPM
Samuel P. Maze
ka2fir

Re: Fraud Alert

Post by ka2fir »

Did you use Friends and Family or Goods and Services? The former offers no protection whatsoever.

did you google deemaan2@yahoo.com? Looks like it's associated with hacker websites.

KJ6RDJ has no published email address. Big Red Flag!

Does deemaan2 = David Fairchild?

You can try and contact KJ6RDJ on QRZ.com by sending him a private message.

He's on instagram @kj6rdj

Definition of due diligence
1 law : the care that a reasonable person exercises to avoid harm to other persons or their property
failed to exercise due diligence in trying to prevent the accident
2 business : research and analysis of a company or organization done in preparation for a business transaction (such as a corporate merger or purchase of securities