BEWARE of ROBERT ROSS KC9COQ

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
va2na

BEWARE of ROBERT ROSS KC9COQ

Post by va2na »

Hi,

beware of ROBERT ROSS KC9COQ,

I looking for a 4CX3000A tube and after lot of discussion he told me he have a GOOD full output 4CX3000 and he want to trade me for an another tube,

He choice a like new 3CX10000A ( again like new tube).... so the deal goes on.

Robert send me picture of is tube but only on the side the tube looks good...on the other side the tube have over heated a lot...but no word about that. the deal included a socket.

2 mothn plus later the tube came here....no protection for shock and i quiclky discover bad heating on the fin.

Put the tube in the amp with care... let the tube warm for 4 hours no HV..

Then carrefuly apply HV ( resistor in serie with HV) plus variac in primary....tube is dead short....

4 email, 1 month later no news from him at all...

Impossible to get any response from him about is hashtray and find a way to solve the issue...
ka2fir

Re: BEWARE of ROBERT ROSS KC9COQ

Post by ka2fir »

Where did you place your want ad? Did they reply through the website or through email? What email address was used? How was payment made? How much? Details.

Definition of due diligence
1 law : the care that a reasonable person exercises to avoid harm to other persons or their property
failed to exercise due diligence in trying to prevent the accident
2 business : research and analysis of a company or organization done in preparation for a business transaction (such as a corporate merger or purchase of securities