Bret Westfield - SCAMMER off Facebook

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
w0bkr

Bret Westfield - SCAMMER off Facebook

Post by w0bkr »

BEWARE

A guy going by name of Bret Westfield out of Mansfield/Bucyrus OH is scamming folks on Facebook Marketplace by selling invisible equipment he never had. No callsign, phone number is bogus 567-307-1770. Pulls pics of IMG ED and posts them as a ham operator selling stuff but never answers anyone pointed questions. So if you see posts or contacts from this guy, report him to FB or avoid. GL
gerfryjr

Re: Bret Westfield - SCAMMER off Facebook

Post by gerfryjr »

Hi There, my name is gerald fry jr.

I found this website and post via a Google Search on the Scammer "Bret Westfield".
I am his latest victim as of December 1, he got me on my friends credit/debit card for the tune of $270 for a working Kenwood TS940-S and he has not yet seen my latest messages as to a confirmation of the unit being shipped yet.

I have done some very (semi) deep search's and it shows that he is in the area as far as online data is concerned.
And, I have also found other possible relations and such, two address of his people along with landline and maybe cellphine phone numbers and many other numbers to check.

I am hot on his trail right now and any info that may help me track him down would be much appreciated!!

Screen shots of his fake sales pages would be a Great addition if anyone has some!!
I have everything else documented with screenshots including our conversion and account numbers documented transactions except for the original sales page of the TS940 (I missed that one), and yes that picture of the TS940 did come from imagED as well as I did a google search on it.

Any info at all to help me with this would be most welcome!!!

On top of it all I may have found him connected to the so called estate sale (maybe) right in mansfield Ohio or it my actually be his residence made it to look like such,Any how a search on his name and those links come up as I have those save as well before they disappear, screenshots and links.

The only Bret Westfield that comes up on my end is a registered sex offender out of Illinois and points directly to mansfield names and address I believe, and if this is true he is not to even be online, this I have to look more into as it is just what I found today alone.

Now I may or may not be able to recover my $270 worth but I am mostly after getting him picked up now, and, I Will Be Contacting Richland's Police Department First Thing Tomorrow Afternoon and this thread helps to prove my claim as well.

Thank you for your time and maybe with some of your help, I Will Nail This Guy !!

Cheers!!!

By the way, Cool forum I found here anyhow and maybe I will be fluent here too as well as DIYAudio that has been my main home for the last 10 years as "geraldfryjr"

jer :)

P.S. Here is his info and the area matches up with the area of the ad on the TS940-S

https://www.bailbondshq.com/illinois/il ... LD/1558430
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

I have been in touch with Officer McDonald of the Bucyrus PD. He went and visited him, and of course, played stupid about it. I have the receipt which shows funds transfer. I too was victim of the same item on Fb. FB won't do anything. I have his rap sheet, quite lengthy from drug possession, sex offender, etc. Quite the individual. You might talk to Officer McDonald of the Bucyrus PO and give him your story. Perhaps more complaints will yield some real action.

The pic of that radio BTW came from IMG ED I found out later and his phone number was bogus. I beleive his cell now is 419-61-0923. His GF or now wife is also a real piece of work.

https://imged.com/kenwood-ts-940s-hf-ha ... 41031.html
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

initial sales pitch.

Initial Contact from FB Market place posting:

Bret Westfield
sent Yesterday at 9:38 AM
Yes, it's available.
You sent Yesterday at 9:38 AM
works okay? What do yuo need to ship it to 76087?

Bret Westfield
sent Yesterday at 9:39 AM
I'm sure $30 would be close if it's more I'll cover it

Bret Westfield
sent Yesterday at 9:44 AM
Everything works as it should... Sorry didn't see that

Bret Westfield

Still there?

where are you located? Ohio? Y Would need to pack it securely (recomment UPS pack). Mine was destroyed by UPS, double boxed, etc.

I can pay via PP

BTW: I Am at work so don't see FB unless I log in

just let me know...this is for a disabled vet ham friend of mine

Bret Westfield
sent Yesterday at 10:21 AM
Ill make sure it gets to you safely and yes Ohio. I only have Facebook pay but I believe they accept PayPal I'll send you a request and you can check. I'll need your information and as long as you can pay by PayPal to me I'll have it in the mail today.... Thanks so much

You sent Yesterday at 10:22 AM
Will send some $ once I get the invoice in PP (address info will be there..

Bret Westfield

Ii don't have access to PayPal through Facebook pay so I'll need you address and send your number also in case I need to contact you. My number is 567-307-1770

some of the back and forth.
Since the cops visited him yesterday, the FB marketplace post isn't available now.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Latest address is 224 Parkway Drive, Apt 5, Mansfield OH 44906

FYI

I do not have an email of him except the multitudes he has used.
Sex Offender
Drug Possession
the list is long....just wow...
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Honestly, I doubt any of the PDs will do anything, not their money, not a lot of money,etc. FB won't, they have ethics issues as it is. Just SOL.
gerfryjr

Post by gerfryjr »

Very interesting I have also contacted Richland PD just now and they said I had to go through my local PD for me to enable to file charges to pursue this, I have everything screenshotted including my bank statement that has his name on it.
I will be doing this on monday.

Also of the conversations SS'ed of his conversation before it had just got deleted a minute ago "while" I was communicating with FB's so called admin on this subject.

I have every word of that conversation and the sales conversation as a text file as well for proof, the Jackson PD here will get all of my info including all the links I have saved on him.

FB tried to tell me that it was not done through there account system, I call BS on FB as they know the account transaction code, and it has Check card FBPAY on my bank statement as well.

I will also include this conversion as well in order to pursue him as a lier for sure as it is definite proof of such.

Keep me posted on anything else you may have or find on this because by monday sh!! is gonna hit the fan !!

It is not even about the money anymore as I may never see that, but it would be all worth the while to stop one more scum bag from ruining other lives and their happiness !!

gerfryjr

Post by gerfryjr »

OMG!!!!
This was yesterday? !!!!!!!!

Exact same line he used on me !!!!!

I am following through with this stuff !!! :o

P.S. No wonder the dispatcher wouldn't help me out and told me to follow through with my PD up here, when I said his name she kinda paused for a second like she knew exactly who and what I was talking about.
This was just an hour ago.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

I guarantee, FB would do the right thing since the payment went thru their service, PP won't since the payment originated there and then to FB. Both point in the same direction back to each other but neither will take steps to refund or go after this wire fraud individual. Not their problem. Consider the funds gone.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Watch for him, likely to lay low now for a bit and then pop back up on FB swap pages....do your homework folks....
gerfryjr

Post by gerfryjr »

Hi There !!

I just wanted to post back on a follow up, Since I am not the card holder there is little that I can do since the cardholder is not very adamant about going after this moron !!

Neither has the bank been very cooperative since they are just a credit union and not a full fledged bank, the only thing I have left to do as our bank/cu had advised me is too make that police report so that it can follow him.

I have told my story to the bank 4 times and told them 4 times of the info I have saved on the deal and no word from them as if they would like to review what I have saved.

I personally don't get out of the house much as I can't drive anymore, and my friend whom owns the Credit Card has COPD and all that fancy Oxygen stuff, so getting him out of the house is very difficult as well!!

But, I will do so once I can get the chance too, even if it takes me a year to do so !!!

Been burned before but not this bad and I was always able to get our money back, this round proves to be a bit more complicated than that, as for no reason a Registered Criminal is being protected and for what reason I ask!!! :/

P.S. FWIW, FB absolutely refused to help me in this matter and if I had Trumps money I would go after the whole system for this measly little $270, it is a matter of principle, and just from what I have found out so far on these two scams and possibly many more add up to some Big $$$ , and Broken Hearts and it is not just me either !!! :/
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Yeah, this meth head and company are real POS. Took down the FB page, ad removed, etc. Totally reflects an honest guy....what a freak sex offender scum bag. Has a real long rap sheet and surprised he gets on FB with a S Offender record.
Anyway, still pressing for my funds.
ka2fir

Post by ka2fir »

Definition of due diligence
1 law : the care that a reasonable person exercises to avoid harm to other persons or their property
failed to exercise due diligence in trying to prevent the accident
2 business : research and analysis of a company or organization done in preparation for a business transaction (such as a corporate merger or purchase of securities