Honesty in reporting "shipping damage"

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
w0bkr

Honesty in reporting "shipping damage"

Post by w0bkr »

Had a small radio sent to a buyer, arrived evidently with one control slightly ajar from rough housing by the shipper. Buyer lies about the damage "radio has the control broken off", then "radio has a control bent 90 degrees", then finally admits, "tried to straighten the control and broke off the knob and shaft".

Any shipper claim would have denied that based upon the final admission. No pics of the box "damage", and from what other sellers have told me, if a Buyer attempts "repairs" or applies tools to the radio, it is theirs. They are on their own.

However, I attempt to make the situation right, file a claim with the shipper and obtain like 2/3 of the sale price, send $100 to the buyer, $50 for replacement parts (had to buy the entire bank of controls for the front panel since this is an old unit and few parts out there). I kept $50 to offset what I had to pay in shipping and insurance since the shipper did not honor their contractual responsibility to ship, deliver and not damage. Did not receive the entire amount.

Alleged damage was fully paid for and then some. To replace the broken off control by the buyer is simply, 4 bezel screws, one nut and unsolder and solder the wires to the replacement control provided. A moron could do that.

Yet, this buyer whines to me about all kinds of crap, never even bothered to provide me with an email or phone number to provide the shipper until a week after the claim was initiated and again exaggerated about my making a profit off the claim. WTF? This jerk got more then required to do a repair and then some.

Had he been honest to start with and provided all the pics, admit to breaking off the control himself, I would still have helped to repair the unit. But after all this misleading crap he has spewed out, 3 sellers and Ebay even told me that would never honor any claim since he did not disclose the total info, attempted to alter the item himself in an unapproved manner, he would not be getting a dime. I bent over backwards for this jerk and then some, so I hope he makes it right. I know I will never receive any apology for the lies, accusations and name calling. Okay. I have blocked him on my email server and other locations. Never again.
W3ESE

Re: Honesty in reporting "shipping damage"

Post by W3ESE »

Is there a call sign?

Who is he/she?

If they are as you describe, I wouldn't worry about their feelings being hurt by exposing them, not to mention if I knew who they were, I would not sell to them.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Since you have to know, N2NJL
He broke off the control, lied about USPS doing it, claim was submitted, and he ended up with no less then $150 to fix a 10$ issue (parts were provided to him and a very simple swap out). Just wasn't honest up front and continued to fabricate a story line. All sellers I have spoken to told me I did WAY more then I should have, after it was detemined he broke off the control with vice grips . invoking or attempting a "repair" without first communicating all details with the Seller, typically excludes the Seller from providing anything at that point. I went the next 100 miles for this jerk.
W3ESE

Post by W3ESE »

Kinda "touchy" aren't we?

I don't "have to know"...just want to avoid problem buyers if possible.

Thanks for the come-back.

Ray
W3ESE
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Not really. Just don't like scam artists that claim USPS damage and it was his damage twisting a knob and part of a control off and coming out like a rose, nearly $200 in claim money for a less than 20 dollar repair. Oh well, another on the list to avoid.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

For the record, I had to file the claim for this loser, never responded about it when I asked. I did not get the full amount, only 200$. Sent this liar 100 in monetary and spent 50 on a control set (since it wasn't offered individually and none were avialable anywhere (being an old radio)), spent another 50 to obtain a knob set. So, all of the claim was spent on "repairing" the damaged radio that N2NJL admitted damaging attempting (supposedly) to straigthen a knob). Buyers I have spoken to, told me once his vice grips touched the radio my involvement ended. He attempted to perform an unathorized action when he should have allowed me to see this alledged "damage". The only damage presented was what he did to the radios control, snapped it off. Try that on Ebay and see what happens. You are on your own. So, he have way more then sufficient funding and parts to have the control and knob swapped out. Of course, if he continues to lie about the incident, that is his issue, not mine. I have bent over backwards for this jerk and no mention of thanks for teh claim funds and rare parts provided. So, you be the judge. You receive an item, damage it and then lie to USPS and the Seller about how that "damage" occurred. I have the PMs about what he did, clearly all 100% his fault. Cheers.
mrBarryH

Post by mrBarryH »

WZ1E he bought from me on Ebay and he took apart the mic did not just say it was DOA
After he took it apart he applied for return shipping and refund Ebay allowed it
so as Hams we just get Scams sometimes Most buyers and sellers are good a few
give the hams a bad name 8)