Someone using WB5JFJ is a scammer

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
W0AAT

Someone using WB5JFJ is a scammer

Post by W0AAT »

Offered the old $50 over asking they will send a check crap. Despite my stating in the ad paypal or postal money order only. Moron needs to learn how to read because I insulted scammers like him in the ad LMAO
KD2ITW

Re: Someone using WB5JFJ is a scammer

Post by KD2ITW »

Yes, he’s at it again.
offered me 250usd to hold my Kenwood 990 .
And it’s the cashier check scheme.
He must be editing the QRZ page for WB5JFJ as it was updated in the last week.
Also wb5jfj is in in oklahoma, the ip address in the response from the ad is in Virginia.
i’ll string him along for a bit.
kf7OVL

Post by kf7OVL »

Same Here! Here's a paste from his email!
Good Morning,
I'm so sorry for the late reply i was talking to my friend in the hospital going to have his surgery next week and he need a lot of funds,please i will like to let you know that the payment will be sent and it will be in excess so it will cover shipment if possible and the funds i want to help my friend with so as soon you get the payment you deduct your asking price and the rest of the funds will be sent to my Moving company thats coming over for the shipment so they can pick up asap and have have the rest money deposit to my friend Doctor for his surgery,considered this item sold to me i will keep you posted on a tracking number via fedex/usps Asap! Have a great day.
Great spirits have always met violent opposition from mediocre minds--Albert Einstein
kf7OVL

Post by kf7OVL »

I have reported him and his email address as Phishing.
Great spirits have always met violent opposition from mediocre minds--Albert Einstein
KD9JSY

Post by KD9JSY »

Not sure if WB5JFJ is looking for another customer, didn't make contact for listing #1474824 was interested but found this and other comments, I think I'll pass. Thanks
panhead

Post by panhead »

I got a response today from "WB5JFJ" also. I have adopted a policy to go to the sender's QRZ profile page. No email listed = no reply from me. These scammers target profiles that lack email / contact info. Any ham that doesn't add or include their email address on their QRZ profile page open themselves up & invite scammers to hijack their call. I may well have missed potential sales & good deals but adopting the 'no email; no response' policy has so far kept me from falling victim to scams. Hope my luck holds out.