A new scammer on the scene

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
W2CQMron

A new scammer on the scene

Post by W2CQMron »

Recently finished with a scammer who for several weeks was using my call to initiate fraudulent responses to QTH postings. Here's a new one just received yesterday from a slightly difference perspective. The followup message (to my brief response indicating that the item was still for sale), below is posted in its entirety. Looking forward to learning the details of his/her approach. It would be almost entertaining in its naive approach except that some individuals are defrauded by others who trust the QTH site and the inherent honesty of its subscribers. FYI-- Ron W2CQM/3
PS: called him out as a scammer and received the second response. (see below)

I am very interested I saw where you would not ship I am trying to get a way so I could do a pick up I am going to do some checking today and see what I can come up with I will get back with you soon thank you for responding I would very much like to get one of those radios I am going to do what I can thanks have a great dayBack to Messages
From: della_eccles2000 <della_eccles2000@yahoo.com> Add to Contacts | Invite Sender | Block SenderFull Header
To:w2cqm@juno.com
Sent: Wed, Dec 04, 2019 07:3
3 AM
Hello this is Michael I am the one interested in your yaesu radio my nephew has a transporting business I was checking with him to see if he had some loads going to be near you but he said not right now I live in Illinois so I guess it's not going to work out sorry would like to have it will have to find something closer thanks for your timeBack to Messages
From: della_eccles2000 <della_eccles2000@yahoo.com> Add to Contacts | Invite SenderFull Header
To:w2cqm@juno.com
Sent: Thu, Dec 05, 2019 06:58