Caution: WB4IUY Dave (Erwin) Hockaday

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
kb9mwr

Caution: WB4IUY Dave (Erwin) Hockaday

Post by kb9mwr »

I responded to an ad for some old magazines, and he asked to pay as a friend to avoid fees on paypal (offer to pay more so you have buyer protection).
Several days later I asked about shipment, and no response. A week later I looked up his phone called and left a message. Nothing.

It was a small sum of money I lost, but poor dealings like this leave a bad mark on the community.
kb9mwr

Re: Caution: WB4IUY Dave (Erwin) Hockaday

Post by kb9mwr »

Update: tracking number provided.
wb4iuy

Post by wb4iuy »

Steve, the only emails in my trash/inbox/spam folders from you were when you made the purchase from eHam. After my wife discovered the voice mail from you on the 22th (looked like you had called on the 20th), I called back and left you a message, thanking you for the reminder and that I had been busy on some volunteer work and had forgotten. I also included an additional book, and shipped that same day. I sent you an email about this as well, and another with the tracking (that I see you received but didn't respond to), but still no reply from you in my email. I see it was delivered on 11/25, and still no reply from you (or update from you, here). Then a friend pointed me to this thread, tonight. I hope you're enjoying the books (and the extra I sent), and again, I apologize for my oversight.
Wb4cuz

Post by Wb4cuz »

Hi Dave, I think you had a review of the hickok 605a on youtube, but comments turned off, so this is the only way I could contact you. I have a couple of questions about the unit, I just got one from ebay and it appears to not be working. Was wondering if any lights should come on like the fuse light. I do get a line voltage reading, nothing else. Thank you