Scammer Alert using K0IT call

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
wb4oql

Scammer Alert using K0IT call

Post by wb4oql »

Be careful when dealing with anyone using the call of K0IT. I have talked with Arvin via phone and he tells me that he isn't selling any equipment.

I placed an ad on QTH for a Yeasu G 54000B AL/EL rotor and received a email from someone that was assuming the ID of K0ITA. I had a small red flag when I saw the ad and there was not callsign or name. But I thought the fellow may have just forgot to include them. I as a few more questions and a picture. When I got the picture I noticed that the mast adapter wasn't the same color. I ask about the adapter and was told that it came with it.
The individual said he wanted to be paid by a certified money order and wanted a copy. He wanted it sent to another address which wasn't K0IT's address. When I questioned about the different address he told me he was at his daughter's house and had the rotor with him. Finally after a few fun emails from me he called me a jokester. I told him that I might be a joker but I wasn't stupid!

For what it's worth the address he gave me was:
Erika Moreno
951 Iowa Ave #4
Blair,Neb 68008