TRIED THE OLDEST SCAM IN THE BOOK

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
N5WHT

TRIED THE OLDEST SCAM IN THE BOOK

Post by N5WHT »

He went by the name "BILL JOHNSON" with the callsign of "KF29L" (the first red flag). With an email address of (bjsonlover1@yahoo.com). The second
red flag was,he wanted to pay me more than i was asking for the item. The third red flag was, he wanted to send me a cashiers check and wanted me to cash it and send him the rest. I can't believe that they are still trying to pull off the "Oldest Scam In The Book". Posted by N5WHT for all my friends.
kd5jbn

Re: TRIED THE OLDEST SCAM IN THE BOOK

Post by kd5jbn »

You Too. Got his Phone number also.
Uses an Icelandic VPN 157.157.87.168, But has a Washington, Fairfax VA Cell Phone (571) 418-4593
I am awaiting his "Cashiers Check" via the USPS... Making it a Federal Offense.
My Friend is a Detective with KSP... He thinks this will be fun
N9LCD

Re: TRIED THE OLDEST SCAM IN THE BOOK

Post by N9LCD »

I can't believe that they are still trying to pull off the "Oldest Scam In The Book".

It ain't the "oldest" to somebody who never heard of it. And, believe me, millions probably still haven't heard of it.

N9LCD