w0oiz scam

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
wz1f1947

w0oiz scam

Post by wz1f1947 »

W0OID scammed me this week. Ron Merrell who lives in Clearwater Florida bought a kenwood ts-430s off me. This radio was listed on here as running in great condition. I sent it too him at a reduced price because he claimed to have a lot of medical bills and could afford the radio but not the shipping. I chose to let him have it and i would pay the $43.00 UPS charges which included insurance. He send me back a radio, busted,smashed and totally useless. He kept the microphone and power cord.He didnt even send it back to me in the two boxes i used to send to him. It was a box from another Amateur operator that sold him a radio who lives in NY. He claims i packaged the radio in just a couple of pieces of newspaper which is the only package material that was in this box he sent back. Funny thing the box was preaddressed to him with this ham from NY with NY papers in it. I can not file a claim to UPS because its not in the same boxes i sent him and no pictures. Iam sending this radio back to him as he owns it now. Please be aware of this ham as hes not trustworthy ( as far as iam concerned).deal with him with caution.
ka2fir

Re: w0oiz scam

Post by ka2fir »

Try goggling the callsign you're going to do business with prior to the transaction.