Scammer using W8KMA call sign.

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
KJ7HIQ

Scammer using W8KMA call sign.

Post by KJ7HIQ »

After a number of emails for my for sale item I checked to see if the guy using Tim's call sign was legit. I called Tim and he confirmed that a scammer had usurped his name and call sign. He said he posted this problem on QTH, but I didn't find this when I searched here. So heads up on this scammer.
KC6SWL

Re: Scammer using W8KMA call sign.

Post by KC6SWL »

This scammer has also tried to buy a radio I had listed on QTH. He has send several emails trying to send me a cashiers check. This is a quote from his last email:

"I got your email and I will like to let you know that the payment will be sent and it will be in excess so it will cover shipment so as soon you get the payment you deduct your asking price and send the remain to my movers so they can pick up asap and just considered this item sold to me. Thanks for your understanding."

I thought this was sounding very fishy so I looked up the call here on QTH. Sure enough this guy is a scammer. I feel so sorry for W8KMA.

Watch out for scammers using this call.

73-Gary
johnn1jm

Post by johnn1jm »

His ip address was from somewhere in South America. His email address didn't match his qrz address. His telephone number was from Florida. He also goes by the name of Bardulf Fadler. This is what really tipped me off:
Hello
Okay I'm willing to add an extra $50 for you to reserve it in my favor.. And I'll be mailing a Cashier check for the payment, and once the bank posts the fund, which shouldn't take more than a day, I'll arrange for the shipping. Let me have your name and address so that I can arrange for the payment.

I've also had this happen from someone different.

So BEWARE!!
W8KMA

Post by W8KMA »

This is Tim W8KMA... Finally got rid of the bad guy... But there are more out there!! Beware and check out the QRZ before you buy!!! or sell!!! Best 73

Tim W8KMA :)