N2WOF - BEWARE OF THIS GUY ! ! ! !

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
ab6bn

N2WOF - BEWARE OF THIS GUY ! ! ! !

Post by ab6bn »

Please be advised that this guy is not trustworthy.

He offered to sell me his new Yaesu FT-400XDR and Yaesu FT-70DR. I sent the money to him May 3, 2019. He replied to me after the 1st week, but nothing after that.

I have sent him several emails, left voice mails, but still no response.

I hope this bad reputation of N2WOF will be known to everyone of the ham community.

We only want trustworthy people here.

Thanks for reading.

Cesar Katada - AB6BN
W0GEN

Re: N2WOF - BEWARE OF THIS GUY ! ! ! !

Post by W0GEN »

I believe I have been scammed by the same guy..
I purchased a Telepost LP-100A for $300 via paypal. His email address is not "not verified" and his facebook account under "JD" has been removed.
Also uses call sign KJ4ETE and KJ4EOV
on facebook as Doug Swann, and is currently a member of Flex Radio users group as well as some
on QRZ as James D Swann
W0GEN

Re: N2WOF - BEWARE OF THIS GUY ! ! ! !

Post by W0GEN »

I just posted the following in QRZ:
I purchased a Telepost LP-100a Wattmeter via Facebook.
The Scammer was posting in the Flex Radio Enthusiasts Group in Mid September. I paypaled him $300, and a week later prior to him providing me tracking information dissapeared from Facebook. I sent an email message to the email account on record for Paypal, and it is returned as no longer available. I contacted and reported him to Paypal and Facebook regarding this.
Here are some details.
He is on QRZ, and goes by the following call signs:
N2WOF, also has reported scams under KJ4ETE.
He goes by Doug Swann, JD, or Jim Swann
302 DUNCAN AVE
FRONT ROYAL, VA 22630
His current facebook page says he moved to Winchester VA and is a Auto Service Manager for Walmart. I am unable to verify with Walmart in Winchester that he is an employee. (I am still working on this one)
I have sent him messages to his current QRZ email address as well as messages via facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/doug.swann.18
Here is an excerpt from his QRZ Page:
Hello all ! My name is James but I go by Doug . I'm the President of W4AAQ / HellTown radio . My wife and son are hams also . My wifes name is Raina and her call is KJ4EOV . Son is Chris / KJ4ETE

Here is a copy of another report of this scammer, and I am in contact with Cesar:
BEWARE OF N2WOF - JAMES 'DOUG' SWANN
Post by ab6bn » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:35 am

Please pass the word. This Op is not worth transacting business with.

May 3rd, I agreed to purchase his Yaesu FT-400XDR and FT-70DR. Paid him via PayPal, I even pay for the fees.

First response was "he's out of town", second response was he's stuck while "out of town", and that he will have his wife RAINA - KJ4EOV or his son
Chris KJ4ETE ship the radios to me.

It's been almost 2 months and I still haven't heard from him.

It's a hard earned money and it's just not a good experience from a fellow Amateur Radio Operator!

Please beware of this OM, and NEVER, NEVER, do business with him, N2WOF, his wife, KJ4EOV, or his son KJ4ETE.

Please, please, avoid them.

Cesar Katada - AB6BN

So if anyone has any suggestions as to what else could be done to stop this low life, or has further information supporting this ... Please message me via my QRZ email address.
Thanks
Bill Dedic - W0GEN