AA7B - Someone Using His Call - FRAUD

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
chris1

AA7B - Someone Using His Call - FRAUD

Post by chris1 »

Today May 31, 2019 I received call from police detective in Tucson AZ about seller posing as AA7B. Someone using SPIKE App and email address "aa7brobert@gmail.com" offered to sell me something I was looking for. Sent picture he copied off internet. Person gave address that did not match QRZ.COM for AA7B. Person emailed he is selling item for person who lives at another address. Address is medical center; person to whom payment should be sent is a Henry Figueroa. Detective said Henry Figueroa is mentally challenged patient who was befriended by individual posing as AA7B. Figueroa receives payment, cashes checks (or in my case USPS money order), forwards payment to whoever aa7brobert@gmail.com is, and keeps a small amount for himself. DO NOT BUY anything from person using that email address or posing as AA7B.