Scammer alert using the call AK2F beware!!!

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
k5dmf

Scammer alert using the call AK2F beware!!!

Post by k5dmf »

My name is Kyle call K5DMF. I was contacted by a person using the name Woody Peitzer call AK2F. Beware of this person he is a scammer. The person that the call sign is assigned to is aware of this scammer and is not currently buying any amateur radio equipment if you are contacted by this person.
73 K5DMF
ak2f

Re: Scammer alert using the call AK2F beware!!!

Post by ak2f »

Kyle:

Thank you for posting. This scammer used email address jpmorgan.sales@gmail.com which was coming from Verizon in Philadelphia. He was blocked by QTH (KA9FOX) after contacting about 20 hams early Wednesday morning.

If I do respond to an ad, I will provide my cellphone number so the seller can verify that I'm the real me. Seems like most of the hams on QTH were smart enough to question the scammer.

Real AK2F
wc2f

Re: Scammer alert using the call AK2F beware!!!

Post by wc2f »

I am glad that I saw this, I was contacted by someone using your AK2F callsign but when I said, verify for me your address. No replies back !

Glad I saw this post.

miguel k4nbc