Someone Using AC6EZ For Scam Attempt???

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
Wolf

Someone Using AC6EZ For Scam Attempt???

Post by Wolf »

Hello,
Someone claiming to be AC6EZ, Micheal E Schatz 15515 W Coral Pointe Dr, Surprise, AZ 85374
sold me a Yaesu FTdx 9000 Contest here on the QTH.Com Classifieds the other morning.
I paid using Paypal "Merchandise" and later in the day he returned that payment insisting I pay with Paypal "Friends & Family Gift"!!!
He claims he already shipped the radio to Yaesu for me (the radio needs a small fix so I asked him to send it to yaesu with a note inside with my return address & billing info).
I explained I don't use friends & family gift but he kept insisting I send him SOMETHING that way - finally asking me to just send $1000 by friends & family gift.

My friends all assure me this was a scam attempt...
... but I will still wait for Yaesu to contact me about the repairs incase he DID legitimately ship the radio.

IF Yaesu DOES contact me about the repair estimates with my return shipping info - Do YOU Think it would be safe to actually resend a "Friends & Family Gift" payment???

Talk Soon!
Blessings!
Will & Wendy,
N3YH & K3WMS
W0HJW

Re: Someone Using AC6EZ For Scam Attempt???

Post by W0HJW »

This was absolutely a scam. I hope you haven't sent one penny.
Wolf

Re: Someone Using AC6EZ For Scam Attempt???

Post by Wolf »

Hello Harold,
Yes I did originally pay him with Paypal "Merchandise" (which is protected by paypal)...
... then he refunded and insisted I repay it with Paypal's "friends & family gift" (unprotected)

I never did make the second payment and have no intention unless Yaesu contacts me saying they have the radio in my name!

Blessings!
Will & Wendy,
N3YH & K3WMS