How do I get rid of imposter

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
AB4GA

How do I get rid of imposter

Post by AB4GA »

Hi this is my first time coming to this site. The reason I am here is a google search pulled up a warning about my call and my name on this site. "ab4ga". Is it possible to get this person banned from using my call?

Nathan
(The real AB4GA)
N9LCD

Re: How do I get rid of imposter

Post by N9LCD »

Nathan:

It ain't all that simple.

First, you have to find out who (s)he really is and where (s)he actually is. I'd give you even money the party in question is out of the country.

Then you have to hope and pray they're not using a VNP or worst, TOR, or you won't find-out their true IP address.

Then you're faced with a "floating" operation once the "heat" is on. There's nothing to prevent him, or her, from frequently changing computers and/or internet service providers.

73(?)

Jerry
N9LCD

PS: If you email me -- I'm good on QRZ -- I'll tell you a really good way of running a bunko game like this one.