Scammer using K2DNR

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
K2DNR

Scammer using K2DNR

Post by K2DNR »

Someone on QTH is scamming people and claiming to be me. It is not. I don't know who it is, but I have never sold anything on this website ever.

I just registered an account here on 1/27/18 because I had to protect my reputation. The person using my callsign is fake and the paypal account is fake.

If you see anything being sold here, with K2DNR, it is a scam. Please beware.

This is the last time I will be posting anything here.
AB4RW

Re: Scammer using K2DNR

Post by AB4RW »

thanks for clarifying and posting, just got contacted by this importer and offered to sell me a FTM-400DR. almost sent money, asked how he got my name, no reply, and then i checked and seen all this, thanks again for posting and lets stop this guy!
Richard
AB4RW
kj6yxi

Post by kj6yxi »

Hello Folks,

I got scammed by this guy posing as K2DNR.

Please note that K2DNR adamantly denies he is scamming people. He states he is not the scammer, but that the scammer is falsely using his call sign and created a fake email account “K2DNR@outlook.com or bobk2dnr@gmail.com“ to appear legitimate.

In my case: I responded to an add-on both QTH and a QRZ. I was trying to purchase a radio from legitimate adds, but I was beat out by other purchasers. I had posted on the add (the string) that I was interested, and the sellers replied via the posting add (the string), informing me the radio had been sold.

I later received a direct email from a person claiming he was “Robert A. Dubenezic K2DNR”. He told me he had seen that I was trying to make a purchase and that he was about to post and add to sell that exact item/radio. He asked if I was interested in purchasing it from him. He sent me pictures and the trap was sprung on me.

After reading the other postings here I contacted PayPal and I am currently in the process with PayPal disputing this transaction.

Buyer beware, I got scammed, I feel violated I should have known better.

This all took place on Feb 2, 2018.
As previously mentioned there was no add, he contacted me directly via email after seeing my post reflecting my interest in another item being sold.

Miguel
KJ6YXI

Beware!
w4oa

Post by w4oa »

This appears the same mode of the person who just scammed me. He is using w0tsm with a gmail address but has paypal id using an outlook.com email address. See my post above.

Mitch W4OA