KI7JCW is posting as W5ASL Be Careful!!

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
W6DVI

KI7JCW is posting as W5ASL Be Careful!!

Post by W6DVI »

This guy is trying to scam you, He asked my to send him a pic of my radio with "his" call sign on a piece of paper.
He goes by Peter KI7JCW
Here his emails:
Send me a photo of the radio with my callsign W5ASL written in a piece of paper close to it . I'll send payment once I get that .
Thanks,

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 at 5:55 PM Rey R <xe1dvi@yahoo.com> wrote:
Yes Paypal is fine, Paypal accont is xe1dviw6@yahoo.com
Greetings / Saludos

Rey.XE1DVI / W6DVI

626-255-0974 Cell
213-747-5800 Work

On Saturday, January 13, 2018, 3:04:35 AM PST, Peter H Quach <ki7jcw@gmail.com> wrote:
I'll take it . PayPal Ok

Then contacted W5ASL to give him heads up.
Here the mails:

I appreciate your letting me know of this. I will be aware of things like that in the future. Al

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 9:17 PM, Rey <xe1dviw6@yahoo.com> wrote:

Maybe he was trying to post it as if you were selling the radio, who knows.
Sent from the Helix Nebula with an iPhone7

On Jan 14, 2018, at 10:19 AM, Al Lawrence <asl36@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Thank you for the warning. I have no knowledge of what is going on there with a person using my call sign. I will not do business with him. Al Lawrence

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:05 PM, Rey R <xe1dviw6@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello,
I was contact by Peter KI7JCW on a FT-857D that I have for sale, he asked me to send him a picture of the radio with his call sign W5ASL which is yours. I dindt realized this until I saw his email address was ki7jcw@gmail.com.
Here are the mails and I have attached the pic I sent him with my call sign also, date and place.
I hope this person didnt scam you, do a search on goggle with his call sign, seams like he has done it before.