Scammer KD8JBS Benjamin Murry

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
va3khs

Scammer KD8JBS Benjamin Murry

Post by va3khs »

KD8JBS
Benjamin Murry
Murray Pager & Radio Programming.
Sent KD8JBS 358US for a icom Id 5100 in Sep20.2017.
Tracking shows never left the PO in US. I call him and emails,texting several times, he will noting

Beware of this guy.

VA3KHS
nn4e

Re: Scammer KD8JBS Benjamin Murry

Post by nn4e »

Wow, I sent him US$350 on Sept 12 for an ID-5100. He stated that someone had committed to buy it but had not yet paid so I could buy it. I sent money via PayPal immediately and was thanked. Afterwards he told me several times that it had shipped. After hounding him it did actually ship and I received it on Oct 4. He was also going to include a DVAP Dongle that was not in the box but there was a very nice stand that was not mentioned included. He acted surprised and since he has also told me a couple of times that this too has shipped. He did answer my text last night (Oct 30) again saying again that his dad had sent it and he would send a tracking number which of course he did not. I stated that I was doubtful since he told me 5 times the 5100 had shipped before it actually did, no reply to that.

I have a feeling that this guys is just more of a flake than maliciously dishonest but I do wonder.
va3khs

Post by va3khs »

Hi
That time sep20,2017
I asked him did you still have a radio?
He say still have it.
He call me and he said you sent the money I sent you a radio asap.
I call him I need tracking no, he said my father sent to you,
But he is noting
This guy is Fraud!!!

Va3khs
nn4e

Post by nn4e »

he actually sent you a tracking number, wow! All I got is BS, will send tracking number soon and that it is on its way. At least he did send the radio but not the DVAP he promised and told me several times was "shipped and on its way "