BEWARE of Eric K7ELJ

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
N4MAV

BEWARE of Eric K7ELJ

Post by N4MAV »

I have been trying for months to get Eric K7ELJ to return my phone calls and he has refused all efforts to make this go away.
What happened:
I saw an add for some LMR-600 for a decent price and he was willing to trade for an HT of some sort. I offered my Kenwood TH-F6A triband HT with the serial number of 60800136, with the programming cable, extra battery, AAA battery case, and Diamond antenna tri band. Now I have did receive some "Wilson? 400 coax?" from him and he said he must have mixed up the boxes? OK, it happens. He did get back in touch with me saying he can't seem to get hold of the guy with the LMR-600. So I waited for awhile and nothing. Called him back and he still can't get hold of the guy but he didn't have the cash to replace the LMR-600. I told him to just send the HT back, but he hasn't to this date. It started in March of 2016 by the way or at least that is the earliest email I have of our conversations. I emailed him pictures and he said it was all good to go ahead and send it. So like a dumb a$$ I did. Then the nightmare began! It has now been what, a year and 5 months of off and on talking to him. I last called him in June and he was at a different job from the "farm" he was working night shift at. At first he said his wife had not gone to the post office to ship, but she would tomorrow. Then the mixup happened. I should have known right off the bat when he said he could not ship right away due to his working nights and needing to sleep during the day. He sounded young so I gave him the benefit of the doubts, we have all been there. However, everything I have tried to just send me $300 bucks has failed to this point. So take this as an object lesson and we will go from there. WHile I can little afford to lose either the HT or the $300 I guess after writing this up I had to await for a call back from a detective from the County he is supposed to live in. I guess we will see if he goes to court or jail I will be happy or if he just sends me to the money I will drop all of this.
Thanks for listening to my ramble and take it as what it is meant to be. Either a warning or or advisement. I'd even take payments from him if he wants to make this right. I don't know, maybe $100 a month would satisfy me I guess.

Russ Abbey, N4MAV
Floyd County, Virginia
U.S. Navy, Medically Retired, Chief Petty Officer (E7)
Floyd County Virginia
k7elj

Re: BEWARE of Eric K7ELJ

Post by k7elj »

Russ like you stated in your beware ad people make mistakes you received the wrong item then again because I made a mistake and another fellow ham also don't want to make things right iam not going to be out some expensive coax. And let's be real Russ the HT was not the best looking radio it was scuffed up and looked like you would cough up a lung on the radio that I had to disinfect every time I touched so as much as have to say it's was a bad deal both ways ! And it's so sad how much this hobby is becoming people screwing each knowing if you want something or need to sell something buy it new on eBay that way you have a paper trail recipe ex..ex....
k7elj

Post by k7elj »

Right on Larry well best of luck to you all you had to do is refunded the $ and you would have your junk back! But you want to be stubborn and not give me a refund . You even mention in your text that you didn't care radio was dead because your a technician ? I know if I say I was a technician I wouldn't be crying about paying $60 to have my dead radio back! #1 I would fix it # 2 iam done going to donate this dead radio to a disabled HAM that's Willing to fix it for him self ! Not going to have junk laying around the house collecting dust . You where advised plenty of times to refund my money . Guess you are not the technician you claim to be!
N4MAV

Post by N4MAV »

Eric,
You are the one who is weird man. I talked to a gentleman who happened to have my radio he bought from you. He also told me dates and of shipment and the postal code of the shipment. Which by the way came back to you. So your lies are not going to make it now Sir but that is OK too, I remember for long times. I also remember how long it took for you to ship the wrong coax. Lets see, Wilson 400 type of coax that comes nowhere near LMR-600 you had promised to send me. I was more than patient and willing to work with you Eric, but you have blown it by not making good on your promise. I now know what your word is worth. Especially after calling you on the cell phone and talking to you. You said you would call me back and make it right, then in another email you said you would like to pay me the 300 bucks for the HT and accessories. You Sir are still a liar and a thief and I will make sure the proper authorities know about this. Well to be honest I already have made them aware of it.

Russ Abbey, N4MAV

PS, still time to make this right Eric. I am more then willing to make it work for you. However, do not lie to me again when you either phone or email me.
U.S. Navy, Medically Retired, Chief Petty Officer (E7)
Floyd County Virginia