SCAM using K7AAQ call sign.

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
k4qjl

SCAM using K7AAQ call sign.

Post by k4qjl »

In October of last year my ad for a certain type of radio was answered by a person claiming to be Steve Crain, K7AAQ. His email was k7aaq@hotmail.com. Phone number 480-378-9177. I was directed to send payment to Dorothy Jean Henderson, 200s 12th Ave, Apt B, Mayodan, NC 27027. Ms. Henderson was supposed to be the daughter of a silent key. Crane supposedly was helping her sell the equipment. I sent Postal Money Orders totaling $1200 to Ms. Henderson. I have copies of the money orders showing where she cashed them. The radio never arrived and I became unable to reach Crane or her. I am reporting this hoping to save someone else from getting scammed. Local law enforcement has all the information and is pursuing the case. God Bless all my Ham Brothers and Sisters!