KC3GKH and Curtis J Bisesi

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
N2NYU

KC3GKH and Curtis J Bisesi

Post by N2NYU »

I recently posted that I am looking to buy an Icom 5100A and got two scammers to reply to me.
It is easier to tell when they don't use the reply form that lists their IP.

The first one was Curtis J Bisesi <hdisme455@gmail.com> who is already reported on this forum. The price he was selling it for was below the price I was looking to buy it and was too low to be true.

The second scammer identified as Dan Smart <sdan6565@gmail.com> who used the call sign KC3GKH and copied the entire description of the radio + price from this ad: http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads ... es.552234/

Obviously both are not really the hams behind the names and call signs involved, just scammers posing as them.
K7QDH

Re: KC3GKH and Curtis J Bisesi

Post by K7QDH »

I just got scammed by a person using the name Dan Smart. BE CAREFULL

Larry K7QDH
ac2mo

Re: KC3GKH and Curtis J Bisesi

Post by ac2mo »

I've had a back and forth conversation all day with "Dan Smart" (sdan6565@gmail.com) as well, and he's apparently getting more clever, including "ham-esque" details in his replies. I posted in my wanted ad that I needed to pay with PayPal; 1. that's where I have "free" money, 2. It protects the buyer and seller (I refuse to send OR accept F&F, and I gladly pay the fees), 3. I'm always weary of POMO/Check deals, because of the amount of work involved in recouping your money.

Sure enough, despite this, he gave a sob story about being wheelchair bound and only being able to do a Chase bank transfer. Luckily the red flag flew up, and I decided to come to the forum despite already making up my mind this wasn't happening. I'm glad I did, and hopefully this thread continues and others do their research before he scams anyone else.

I haven't been a ham long, but when I got started it was still at a point where you could almost blindly trust anyone. Sad day for the hobby that scammers have become privy to our "inherent trust".