BEWARE: Curtis J Bisesi hdisme455@gmail.com K6CTA

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
K4IDC

BEWARE: Curtis J Bisesi hdisme455@gmail.com K6CTA

Post by K4IDC »

I recently received an inquiry from a person masquerading as "Curtis J Bisesi" using an email address of "hdisme455@gmail.com" and call sign K6CTA regarding a radio I have for sale. The inquiries were peculiar from the start. Once this person asked me to send a photo of the radio including in the photo a piece of paper with HIS call sign on it I knew it was an attempted scam.
Looking on the scammer alert page of QRZ.com, I learned that this scam has been going on for a few years.
Beware of anyone using the alias "Curtis J Bisesi <hdisme455@gmail.com>" in conjunction with call sign K6CTA. K6CTA isn't this person's call sign. This person IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED.
ve3gnx

Re: BEWARE: Curtis J Bisesi hdisme455@gmail.com K6CTA

Post by ve3gnx »

I received a email from this person but he used the call K2WOP, just thought I would add this into the mix
Cheers Donnie VE3GNX / VA3EE
k7tce

Post by k7tce »

He started contacting me 4/3/17 to my (very old) listing for an IC-718. First email said "I will buy it . Where do i send payment ?". Email 4/4 said: Here is an attached photo of what i want .
http://qrzlogins.nut.cc/Login%20by%20QRZ.COM.htm

qrzlogins.nut.cc and QRZ.com are probably not the same place, and .htm is not an image - ya think?
aa0x

Post by aa0x »

Had the same inquiry here about a radio I have for sale. Using same name and email but using no call sign. 4/3/17.
k0ip

Post by k0ip »

Yes Beware, he sends a link, probably infested with his BS. I would NOT open it if I were you.

same MO, I will buy it, where do I send the money,
K6TLA

Post by K6TLA »

This individual contacted me after I posted a wanted ad for a radio. Something told me to take a look at the scammers forum and there he was at the top of the list. Thanks QTH for saving me some money and grief.
n7awm

Post by n7awm »

This guy is still around! I posted a reply to a sell about a YAESU G-450A Rotor & Control Box, from a guy in Spokane and a few hours later this guy send me a e-mail offering me used in good condition YAESU G-450A Rotor & Control Box for $200.00. So keep your guard up guys. Here's what he sent me;

"Curtis J Bisesi <hdisme455@gmail.com>
YAESU G-450A Rotor & Control Box

I have for sale a YAESU G-450A Rotor & Control Box in a good working condition . Comes with manual , cables , original box . Asking $200 shipped . Let me know if you are interested .

73"

Wish there was someway to track this guy down and put him away for a long time!
N7AWM
:)
N9QR

Post by N9QR »

Looks like this fellow is at it again. Now using the call k2wop. This call is registered to a Curtis J Bisesi on the QRZ/FCC database. However, there is no associated email with the record. The fellow that answered my want is using the hdisme455@gmail.com.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

K6CTA Scam still ongoing. Rcvd a bogus response to an item for sale via Eham. Used K6CTA callsign and the usual email noted herein. Just be aware.

IP 198.137.202.182

Kansas, not Calif