Reward: $500 cash for information leading to arrest/prosecution or recovery from individual posing as KK4XG

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
KA5TRO

Reward: $500 cash for information leading to arrest/prosecution or recovery from individual posing as KK4XG

Post by KA5TRO »

REWARD: $500 cash for information leading to either the arrest and prosecution OR recovery of money/equipment from the individual or individuals involved in fraud using the identity of KK4XG Leroy Jarrett.

This person agreed to sell me a THP HL1.5kFX and HC1.5kAT set. They checked out on QRZ with email, sent photos with handwritten date stamp on the days involved, and we talked on the phone several times. I was convinced they were genuine. I did a bank transfer of funds, and immediately there was a problem reported... which at that point I knew I was scammed. Then the individual provided me with tracking info that was also fraudulent and disappeared, email on QRZ removed, etc. I have a phone number from Huntsville AL and the bank info, but the bank (BofA) won't tell me anything. Seller indicated he also had an IC-7800 and other gear. Photo is the one he sent me. If you can help, please contact me. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.