SCAMMER from mcs.w8wxm@aol.com acting as W9GT

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
ac9hp

SCAMMER from mcs.w8wxm@aol.com acting as W9GT

Post by ac9hp »

Call sign did not match email call sign or QRZ.

So I emailed claimed call sign.

Email thread:

That was definitely not me and I am concerned that someone is fraudulently using my call to identify themselves. This should also be reported to QTH.com or wherever your ad or correspondence appeared. Thank you very much for alerting me to this and I wish you the best with your transactions. I guess we all need to be aware that this stuff goes on and have our guard up.

73, Jack, W9GT

On Monday, January 9, 2017 8:07 AM, Wayne wrote:

Jack,

The email I am forwarding is from someone claiming to have your call sign but emailing from w9wxm call sign email.

Perhaps it is you but I wanted to confirm it before responding any further.

Thanks,

Wayne AC9HP

Sent: Sunday, January 8, 2017 4:08 AM
To:
Subject: Re: KX3

What is your paypal address . Send me a photo of the radio with my callsign W9GT written in a piece of paper close to it

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
Get the new AOL app: mail.mobile.aol.com

AOL Mail for Mobile
mail.mobile.aol.com
With the new AOL mobile app, access your AOL email anywhere and receive instant email notifications. Stay on top of breaking news, trending videos and