Scammer Warning ---ol.n8dvx@Gmail.com

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
K3BAT

Scammer Warning ---ol.n8dvx@Gmail.com

Post by K3BAT »

Caution Fraudulent responce to wanted Ad
Caution- I placed a add saying I was looking to buy a Hallicrafters SR-400 under Antique Radios. I got a response offering me one for $145 shipped to my Arizona Address by a man using the Email address (ol.n8dvx at gmail.com). The address also showed the mans name as Orville L Lilly Jr. The price ran up a red flag for me as it would hardly cover the shipping cost. I looked up the mans name and the callsign on QTH and they are valid. I replied asking for some photos of the radio and he sent three photos. I googled Hallicrafters SR-400 and found two of the photos on the internet. I then replied to the man and asked for a photo of the top of chassis and requested a phone number so I could call him. He did not reply. I suspect someone is using the N8DVX callsign and his name. Use extreme caution. This same Ad has brought on 3 other scammers in less than 4 days.
Bruce
K3BAT
wb5q

Re: Scammer Warning ---ol.n8dvx@Gmail.com

Post by wb5q »

Indeed, someone pretending to be Orville Lilly of NC is now active. I posted a want ad for a tentec 526, he sent a pic when asked and I paid him via PayPal, paid $400 for the rig, of course a no show and I got screwed. Contacted PayPal and they resinded my payment to him and are now going after him. Hope they catch him very soon.
Never had any problem on QTH and I don't blame them in the least, one bad apple...
Just be on the look out for him...used the email address as: radio4lilly@yahoo.com