BEWARE: KK4PWF sells junk radios

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
w0bkr

BEWARE: KK4PWF sells junk radios

Post by w0bkr »

I recently purchased what was suppose to be a properly working radio from this jerk. What I received was a radio with loose hardware inside, dead display, inop rcv/transmit and he wont' take it back. Yeah, I contacted him and asked for a partial refund or return. Believe it or not, he lied about it and PP won't let me send this crappy item back. So, if you see this scammer posting on the swap boards or under Ebay ron23154. So beware. I am out of $500 bucks with this loser. Now what I have is a parts radio.
w0bkr

Re: BEWARE: KK4PWF sells junk radios

Post by w0bkr »

Meant to include, watch out for any emails from bozo231@yahoo.com
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

I have a whole litany of what was wrong and substantiated, with this radio and witnesses that observed the same issues. So, beware if this character should you cross paths.
N4URW

Post by N4URW »

If you guys should of paid with Paypal (unless you know the person) you would of been protected in cases like this. That's the only way I will send money now days is with Paypal. It gives you that protection in case the seller doesn't send you the equipment, or if the equipment is not what the seller described in the ad. Look at Paypal as an insurance policy. Protects you the buyer.
Last edited by N4URW on Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joel McDonald, MSgt, USAF Retired
N4URW, Palm Bay FL
W3ESE

Post by W3ESE »

In the op`s original post, I believe he said that "PP" would not let him send it back...so unless "friends and family" was used, or there was a time factor, it seems that using Paypal didn`t make a difference in this case.
N4URW

Post by N4URW »

Should never use Friends or Family unless you know who you are dealing with. That's the same as sending check or money order.
Joel McDonald, MSgt, USAF Retired
N4URW, Palm Bay FL
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Did use PP and he lied his ass off with them and they took his side, even though I had documentation, photos, you name it. They never told me what he told them. They just whisked the dispute away...