CARL W JUVRUD SCAMMER

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
WY4A11

CARL W JUVRUD SCAMMER

Post by WY4A11 »

HERE WE GO WITH THE SCAMMERS SAYING DO YOU DO PAYPAL ,I GIVE HIM MY PAYPAL AND HE SAYS HERE IS AN ATTATCED PHOTO OF WHAT I WANT AND ITS A QRZ FAKE LOG IN DONT FALL FOR IT BE AWARE PEDRO WY4A
W3ESE

Re: CARL W JUVRUD SCAMMER

Post by W3ESE »

Yep, same thing happened to me over the weekend...Jerk...There`s no end to them.
n5wrx

Post by n5wrx »

He wants to buy my TS-2000 using paypal.
How can he scam you if he pays using paypal?
W5YE

Post by W5YE »

Simple ... he wants you to send him a picture of your radio with your call letters in the picture so he can go to QRZ.com and post a "For Sale" listing. QRZ.com Swapfest site requires that a picture be accompanied by something with your call sign - usually guys use their QSL card. This is to (somewhat) guarantee you are the real person selling the item. As you can see, this jerk is trying to circumvent those barriers. He also wants to get as much of you QRZ information so he can pretend he is you to unsuspecting buyers. I just had an email exchange with him this week ... I asked him for his mailing address so I could calculate the shipping on the radio he wanted to buy. I never got it ... rather he asked more questions about my call letters, which were included in the original ad on QTH.com... all sorts of "red flags" ....

Be aware.... and 73,

Brian
Best 73/88,
de Brian - W5YE
kf7OVL

Post by kf7OVL »

This guy contacted me a couple of days ago-similar request--Thanks to you guys! I'm glad I checked here before getting taken! I'll definitely donate to this outfit whenever I sell my stuff.
Great spirits have always met violent opposition from mediocre minds--Albert Einstein
K3CXG

Post by K3CXG »

This clown contacted me recently, as well. When I asked him for his callsign, he vanished into the ether. Go figure... 73 de Mike K3CXG
dennism

Post by dennism »

YUP, Carl is playing the scammer game with me.
Glad I came here to look.
Thanks
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Same thing here...rcvd email from "Carl"...deleted...