K8OWL Mary Lithrow

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
W8TRN

K8OWL Mary Lithrow

Post by W8TRN »

I recently was burned by someone posing as K8OWL with instructions to send a money order to Mary Lithrow. I fell for the scam and, of course, did not receive the merchandise. Well, with info that I provided, including a signed/cashed money order by Mary L, a detective from Parkersburg is on it. When I initially reported the incident, the police officer said "we have Mary in our system". He would not elaborate. Forturnately, the money involved will not pay for a couple of meals at the local Colonel Sanders. But John Q. Law is on the case. Mike C W8TRN
kj4fz

Re: K8OWL Mary Lithrow

Post by kj4fz »

I had the same thing happen to me but she (they) used a different call sign. I actually spoke to the ham they were impersonating and he went to the local address. I have also opened up an incident with the local police.
Mike Maynard
KJ4FZ