JONATHAN RUBBY (possible scammer)

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
AB4D

JONATHAN RUBBY (possible scammer)

Post by AB4D »

I had a suspicious exchange with this person, seems like a red flag to me, that he can't comprehend that someone else is interested, and did not provide a valid callsign.

Name: JONATHAN RUBBY
Callsign: WQ873
E-mail: jonathanvacrent@outlook.com
IP Address: 216.244.80.202 -- (Check IP at http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/216.244.80.202)

The response is:

I am interested and what is your asking price?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:55:10 PM
To: JONATHAN RUBBY wq873
Subject: Re: QTH.COM Ad -- Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V...

Hi, I have someone interested at the asking price. If it falls through, I'll let you know.

Thanks for inquiring.

Jim
___________________________________________________________________________________________

To: James Jones <XXX>
Sent: Wed, Aug 10, 2016 11:05 pm
Subject: Re: QTH.COM Ad -- Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V...

Am glad to hear back and the mint condition of the (Item) and i want you to know that my payment method is bank certified check and the final asking price.
Also get back to me with your full name and contact address as well as your cell phone number so that i can mail the check payment out to you on time..
I hope to hear from you soonest today..

Regards
aj4hk

Re: JONATHAN RUBBY (possible scammer)

Post by aj4hk »

I received the same messages on my Items that are for sale.
Dennis
wz0q
NX8G

Post by NX8G »

I got the same from this person. When I challenged him saying that he had no call sign he responded with a call sign that didn't match his name.

Rex, NX8G
wb7rbn

Post by wb7rbn »

Jonathan Rubby, Fake call WQ873 also tired to scam me. Gave himself away by the bad English he used in the email When I asked for his amateur radio call sign he responded that it was KS4KC. Looked on QRZ and KS4KC is registered to DONNA K FRIESE, KS4KC, SAVANNAH, GA. When I told him who the call belonged to, he failed to respond.

Jim

WB7RBN

w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Still getting them from this source...same message, etc....sigh