Possible Scammer va3wak

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
w4sox

Possible Scammer va3wak

Post by w4sox »

I saw a Flex 6300 + ATU here for 2000.00 When I reached out to Bradley Jones about payment this is what I got back

"Eric,

I will prefer payment to my Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) account, as i am just recovering from a recent hip surgery which neccesiate the use of an appropriate vehicle and the help of someone...i am currently on a wheel chair and can't do much. My daugther (Lorraine) has been the one helping me and she will be shipping the package to you on my behalf, i hope that won't be a problem for you? If this is OK by you, then we can proceed and you can forward your shipping address so I can make shipping arrangement.

Here is the account details:
Lorraine Billows
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
Account Number: ##########
Routing Number: ##########
Transit Number: 01772-003

73, Bradley"

Refused to use paypal then when I walked away he lowered the price to $1800.00 way too low for a Flex 6300

If Im wrong im sorry but man this screams scam. Seems I cant find a good used 6300 just gonna pony up 2700.00 for a new one

W4SOX