KD8VLL Scammer

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
kj4fz

KD8VLL Scammer

Post by kj4fz »

I have been scammed from someone portraying to be Michael Farnsworth, KD8VLL. Their email address is "kd8vllmicheal@gmail.com". This persons acts like are an invalid or someone in a wheelchair. The have lots of excuses why they are not shipping the equipment. I have opened up a complaint with the USPS postal inspectors office because it involved a postal money order and USPS priority mail. They are located in Parkersburg, WV. If you have any information on this please contact me through Qth,com. Thanks, Mike Maynard, KJ4FZ.
N9LCD

Re: KD8VLL Scammer

Post by N9LCD »

Mike:

How much did you lose?

While the Postal Inspectors weill accept any report of apparent criminal activity using the mail, they ARE NOT OBLIGATED to investigate any loss of less than $300.

Don't feel bad. The Postal Inspectors aren't the only ones who have a "minimum" loss. The CPD doesn't take a walk-in report for accidents with a loss of less than $750 to each vehicle! No police report = no insurance claim. So I got an estimate showing $1,400 to repair the damage and got to file my accident report!

If you have questions about the Postal Inspectors, I'm good on QRZ.
kj4fz

Post by kj4fz »

I lost $220. The weird thing is that I have gotten 3 or 4 emails from them once I knew I had been scammed. They apologized, and told me they would send my money back to me. I am skeptical.
nwatson2

Post by nwatson2 »

Hello Guys,
Well, I, as well as you got taken by this same frauder!
Name: Michael D. Farnsworth
Call: KD8VLL
Address to where USPS Money order was sent:
Mary Withrow
2711 Linden St.
Parkersburg, WV 26104
Said she is his Sister
I too, checked his QRZ and knowing a M.O. is very risky, thought him to be OK and took the chance.
I lost $170.00 to him.
Will do some checking around. Sure hope he gets caught.
Any ideas, LMK
kc5imw