Scammer... WP3C

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
KC2SWB

Scammer... WP3C

Post by KC2SWB »

Beware WP3C, Alfredo in Puerto Rico. He posted a Yaesu Ft-900 for sale on this site. He showed a video of the radio working in CW mode. He promised the radio was working 100%. I received the radio. As soon as I hooked it up. it showed no output on Single Side Band, Phone. It does put out on CW. That's not a radio that I would say is "working 100%. Alfredo tried to blame the problem on shipping. I sent the radio to Cal, at Hamrepair.com, the radio is "un-repairable". Cal assured me the problem with this radio was not caused by shipping. Alfredo than states " I must have broke it". I hold a degree in electronics. I am more than capable of hooking a radio up to a power supply and antenna system. I assured him I did not break it.

Alfredo, uses his wife, Wanda Esteves, and her Paypal ...wandly@hotmail.com for his scamming.

First time I have ever had a problem, in buying a used radio. Sad that another amateur would steal or defraud another...
Hope PayPal helps me get my money back!

KC2SWB, Martin J. Croke