W4YT.....SCAMMER IS USING THIS CALL SIGN

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
radioleo

W4YT.....SCAMMER IS USING THIS CALL SIGN

Post by radioleo »

W4YT:

Placed a WTB J.W. Miller AT-2500 Antenna Tuner
Received an email response ( w4ytarthur@gmail.com ) directly from Arthur Reinhardt (or someone impersonating him) to my email address, and NOT a reply through QTH.com.

Said he has a JW Miller AT-2500 for sale FOR $220.00 SHIPPED

1. I asked him for his phone number he would NOT give it to me, he said the doctor does not want him to talk on the phone due to his hearing.
QUESTION THAT ???????

2. I asked him to place his QSL card next to the tuner, and he put his call sign on a piece of paper, he said he had a fire, and need to order new QSL cards.
QUESTION THAT ???

3. Asked him for his address, and would not mentioned anything about until the fourth email, and said same as QRZ.COM QUESTION THAT ???????

4. He said to pay Pay Pal ( family and friends ) so I would not have to pay the fee. If you pay that way you have NO BUYERS PROTECTION FROM PAY PAL QUESTION THAT ???????

He asked to send him the funds Pay Pal his account is arthurf1234@outlook.com

Pay Pal response was UNREGISTERED

I Clicked on REFUND.

I found the pictures he sent me on the internet he stole those pixs from another ham that was selling the same tuner ( EXACT PICTURES )

I am not sure if this ham is still around or know someone is committing FRAUD with his name and call sign, but if he is he would be 91 years old this year. License expires in 6/13/2016

ARTHUR F REINHARDT w4ytarthur@gmail.com

ARTHUR F REINHARDT
21144 CARDINAL POND TERRACE WC315
ASHBURN, VA 20147

I did an internet search, and found someone else may have had some dealing with him.

Not sure how that turned out

VE6ND almost got scammed by this guy 2 days ago.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leo KJ6HI