Watch This guy Most likely Scammer

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
k4mt

Watch This guy Most likely Scammer

Post by k4mt »

I had a listing for a swap plus cash for a Flex5000. Got a response from KB2AC Charles saying he had the primo flex with second receiver and options. He offered me the flex for my radio plus $600. I looked KB2AC on QRZ and looked a sat view of his house. Saw a big tower and beam. He also asked a strange question which was where do you live in the US.

Called him on number (that shows up no where). He has a very foreign accent and poor english. Asked him about his beam and he was not offering much info. Also saw the house had been pruchased by the I imagine real KB2AC in sept 2015. I asked him how long he lived at that address and he said 16 years. Then the clincher was I asked him what payment he wants and he said wire transfer directly to his account.

My guess is if you make this deal, the real KB2AC will get your radio and wonder why and the scammer will get the cash in an out of the US location.

Guys do your detective work and it will help with the scammers out there. I would say this guy is not in the US at all and pretending to be someone else on swap deals to get your money.

BEWARE