Beware of email with (Name)(call letters)@gmail.com

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
WB8FVO

Beware of email with (Name)(call letters)@gmail.com

Post by WB8FVO »

All of the scams that I have received lately used gmail accounts. They were made up by using the name of the person, then the call letters @gmail.com. I understand this is a method used by some legitimate Amateurs but please check identities before sending money or making payment.
You might want to register all Combinations of your call, name and call, call and name with gmail to keep them from being used by others. Make sure you have an email listed with your Qrz.com info. This allows other Amateurs to contact you and verify a deal or let you know if someone is using your identity.
wx9c

Re: Beware of email with (Name)(call letters)@gmail.com

Post by wx9c »

ATTENTION: ANYONE CONTACT BY THIS SCAMMER USING THE INFO IN THE NOTICE I AM RESPONDING TO, IF YOU WANT THE NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER OF THE PERSON THAT IS POSTING THE ADS AND SENDING OUT THE EMAILS, CONTACT ME AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO GIVE YOU ALL THE INFORMATION. THE PERSON LIVES IN VIRGINIA AND I AM SURE SOME OF YOU WOULD LOVE TO CONTACT THIS INDIVIDUAL.... IF YOU WERE CONTACT BY THE FOLLOWING EMAIL ADDY: timwx9c@gmail.com THIS IS THE SCAMMER I AM TALKING ABOUT.

THANK YOU
TIM... WX9C