SCAMMER USING K4QK / SIMMIE L. WALKER, Jr.

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
N9LCD

SCAMMER USING K4QK / SIMMIE L. WALKER, Jr.

Post by N9LCD »

Today, at 05:29, I received an email from a scammer uising K4QK and Simmie L. WAlker (simmie.walker@aol.com) offering me a Watkins-Johnson 8516P receiver for $1,100 plus shipping.

The name and call passed the FCC ULS test. And ALMOST passed the QRZ test. The real K4QJ's profile is unmanaged and doesn't list an email address.

A little more checking disclosed that the scammer had "lifted" the three photos and the text of the reply from KA5FUN's "28 July 2013 "FOR SALE" ad on QRZ.

I've emailed the scammer asking him where the rig would be shipped from because I'm concerned about high shipping costs.

STAY TUNED! I'm going milk this turkey for all the laughs I can!

NOTE: If any hams in and around Atlanta hear or know the "real" K4QZ, please let him know that his name and call are being used by a scammer.

I'm good on QRZ.

N9LCD