Scammer alert: NOT the real K5WW

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
ErikK5WW

Scammer alert: NOT the real K5WW

Post by ErikK5WW »

For the second time in a week or so I was contacted by fellow operators trying to verify my email address and phone number; because they were lead to believe that I - K5WW - am selling some equipment that they are looking for and are willing to pay good money for it.

I am not selling anything. (at least not at this time)

The scammer is signing his/her emails with my name as listed on QRZ.com, though without the period after my abbreviated first name. The email address used is erikk5ww@outlook.com. He/she also keeps making the mistake of putting "best regards's" (in numerical form) at the end of the email. Not every crook has a brain :lol:

Be on the lookout. To Scott KA9FOX: I am asking you (again) to delete the "K5WW" account here on QTH.com. As far as I'm aware I never registered it; so I think it's safe to assume that that particular account was created by the scammer.

If anyone wants to verify my identity: my email address is on QRZ.com. And if it's ever necessary I will happily provide my phone number.

Happy, and safe trading. And Happy New Year!

Erik - K5WW