SCAM: Someone using AA5TE callsign as William S Passmore

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
w0vt

SCAM: Someone using AA5TE callsign as William S Passmore

Post by w0vt »

There is a crook on QTH Swap. This guy uses different names and calls as he has tried to swindle me twice now. Each time I place a WTB post, he answers me and then shows a picture of what I want gleamed from Google graphics. This time he used the call of AA5TE, William S. Passmore.... He always uses a Gmail e-mail address and never signs a name to his messages. He only wants payment now from Paypal, but on my prior dealings he wanted me to pay him by Western Union. His English points out to me he is of foreign origin. If you go check the callsign AA5TE, you will see the real William Passmore shows no e-mail address. I am sure this is why this scammer picked this guys callsign to use for scams. I pimped him knowing full well he is trying to scam me by telling him I could send a check to him at the address listed on QRZ and also said I could pay him COD and pick up the COD charges. Of course non of this was acceptable to him.
Lee, w0vt