KA5TRO - High Jacked Call/Email

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
w0bkr

KA5TRO - High Jacked Call/Email

Post by w0bkr »

Contacted by this callsign about an item I listed, requested payment be mailed. Stated payment was sent 2 weeks ago, but nothing ever received. Buyer did not indicate any concern about missing payment or not getting his item. Big red flags. No buyer I have ever encountered just sits back and wonders it a payment reached the Seller, let alone, not ask about where is my item, shipment status, etc. Suspect call was high jacked as no payment was sent, received or investigated. Buyer never sent one email regarding "did you receive my payment, have you sent the item, etc." Nothing. I have been the one sending emails inquiring about the payment with a very cavaier response back. Could be this Buyer doesn't care if his payment is lost, stolen, etc. Never encountered any buyer that is that carefree about it.

Caution: NEVER EVER SEND ANYTHING without your payment in hand and verified (i.e. hold item until check clears, money order clears, etc). I have had payment cancelled after receipt of a check/money order. Be cautious and careful. Don't know what the situation is with this individual, but after two weeks and counting and no inquiry about receipt of payment, shipment of article, certainly appears a scammer to me. I am out of nothing but wanted to share this info.
w0bkr

Re: KA5TRO - High Jacked Call/Email

Post by w0bkr »

Definitely a scam. No payment, nothing sent, no communication since individual found he would not be receiving any item prior to receipt of payment. All too familiar. Be cautious out there folks.
Phillip Sanford

Re: KA5TRO - High Jacked Call/Email

Post by Phillip Sanford »

KA5TRO did the same thing to me as he did to W0XX. WEAK dealings
PHILLIP SANFORD