David Levy W1WN Run away from!!

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
k9nra

David Levy W1WN Run away from!!

Post by k9nra »

Late in April 2015, approximately the 26th I emailed Dave Levy (W1WN) 1608 HAMPTON CT
SAFETY HARBOR, FL 34695 about a dishtronix Amplifier he had for sale. It was listed for $7500 shipped. Previously, it had been listed for $9k, then $8k.
When I emailed Dave, I asked him if he would take a deposit of $500 to hold it until some funds from an inheritance came in. I thought at the time that the monies would be to me in the 3 week period.
Dave said he would take the $500 deposit towards payment of the $7500 total.

I noted in the PayPal, that it was a down payment and balance due in a few weeks.
Dave and I conversed several times about the amplifier, I learned more about it.
As time progressed, the course of several weeks, Dave would email me asking status of the funds coming in.
About June 2nd, I told Dave that this is taking longer than expected, and that it could be fall before funds materialize. I asked Dave “What would you like to do?”
Email:

On June 4th, I asked Dave:

“Let me know as soon as you do hear something, as the delays on the will have caused some financial hardships. Thank you”
Email from July 7th, Dave is starting to become a little less responsive.
Then on July 28th 2015, Dave refuses to give me my $500 back, see email:

On July 28th 2015, I emailed Dave back: I didn't figure you would be the kind of person that would be dishonest, I have been upfront with you all the way and honest with you.
I have been out of work for over 2 years with virtually no income, was totally upfront and honest with Dave Levy the whole time, I have 50-75 emails back and forth keeping him apprised of conditions, and when I realized things were not going as planned on my money, I was upfront with Dave to let him know there were problems. I have emails from Davy, telling me he would refund my money, no conditions were set in the email.
I believe Dave , being an attorney, probably knew he would not pay me back, I think he should be ashamed of himself, as he is no different than a common thief, taking advantage of the situation.
$500 is a lot of money to me, I trusted this guy, even more so since he is an attorney, I thought his word was good.
If you are considering purchasing anything from Dave W1WN, I would think twice about it.
Dave told me he did not refund my money, because he lost money when he had to re-sell the amplifier, but he had already lost money before he had even sold it to me. His listing prices were originally $9000, then $8000 , then $7500 before I got the shaft from him. Is this how attorneys are in Florida? Buyer Beware!
N9LCD

Re: David Levy W1WN Run away from!!

Post by N9LCD »

Dave may be entitled to your deposit if he sold the amp for less than what you offered!

The next time, DON'T SPEND MONEY YOU DON'T HAVE. "Here, sell me your HF-380. I'm going to win the lottery tomorrow."

And being out of work for two years and spending your inheritance on ham radio says something about yout priorities. GET YOUR PRIORIOTIES STRAIGHT!