K6KHU sales are a scam!

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
chazz74

K6KHU sales are a scam!

Post by chazz74 »

Just found out I'm one of at least 4 hams that paid $550 for an AL80A from this guy (or whoever is behind this).
Don't pay anything to GNT Solutions out of Sacramento, Ca. After 16 days, 4 phone calls and a half dozen emails
All I have to show for my money is a bogus UPS tracking number which doesn't exist, per UPS.
I'm dying for a chance to add my evidence toward putting these guys away. I had a bad feeling about this one from
the start.
73, Charlie (chazz74)
KG5EN
wd6k

Re: K6KHU sales are a scam!

Post by wd6k »

I have recently completed an investigation of a scammer and was able to catch the person and made her pay my money back....
I started by taking my evidence to the county sheriffs office and filed a complaint.I also contacted the federal authorities regarding the matter.
It took awhile, but by presenting emails, copies of money orders,checks etc to the authorities, we caught the scammer
i f you know of other parties scammed by this person.Get together with them and pool your evidence.
Good LuckDick
Joew3gms

Post by Joew3gms »

It appeared I am one of his victims as well. I ordered an Icom 6 meter multi-mode rig and paid for it via PayPal. It appears it was never shipped and my emails go unanswered. I will pursue this to the full extent to get a refund.
Joe-W3GMS
kc4ylv

Post by kc4ylv »

Yep, I bought the 746 pro for 600. A few days left on my dispute, then I get my money back! :)
Just work the Paypal system, it has fraud protection, he's not as slick as he thinks he is.

Several traits of a scammer (Started not answering my questions and sending rambling emails about fixing dinner when I directly asked for a tracking number; started badmouthing other buyers to me when I mentioned multiple complaints; started badmouthing ME to other buyers while being very nice to ME on the phone)

Take him down.
ne2i

Post by ne2i »

Lets get this guy! I have all my emails plus the evidence based upon all of you folks here and on QRZ scammer page.
Lets put him in Club FED! Complain at IC3.gov (federal internet crime task force)
George NE2I
k4cwo

Post by k4cwo »

I had a incident with him on Jun 4th with a QTH add for an ICOM IC-551D for $250. It was supposed to be shipped Monday the 8th. On the 9th no reply to my email about the Monday shipping, and nothing today, the 10th. Am taking it up with paypal.
ac0ml

Post by ac0ml »

Well add me to the sucker list. I "bought" the AL-80A for 500.00+ 50.00 shipping. Same exact M.O. "Les" stated first that package was dropped off at UPS Store, Then let me know that address was "smudged" so correction had to be made, and now POOF! he's gone...
The sad part is that I even looked him up here and at the time of my purchase there was no feedback on him. I hope Paypal refunds my money but I'm not holding my breath. First time I've been scammed on QTH or any other site.
W0AD

Post by W0AD »

First time I've been suckered in 45 years of hamming. $500 PayPal on May 29th for Alpha 78, 28 deep email trail before I finally called GNT Solutions and they said they had a similar eBay complaint last week in Denver so I filed my PayPal complaint yesterday. Talked to Scott and he told me I did all the right things: looked up K6KHU on the FCC database, had a half hour conversation with him on the phone before I bit.

Red flags: 1) k6khu.l.g@ gmail.com...an appended email that looks "almost" right. 2) K6KHU is 84, the personI talked to on the phone sounded younger. 3) Detail on the ad saying there was "some guy N4UQ who I've been told can modify this," (too much knowledge about something you want to get rid of) 4) His pride got in the way of his scam on the phone when he went into the weeds about my CATV background.... An 84 year old guy who understands QAM constellations....really? And when I asked about how surprised I was that he understood the technology, he said he "just liked studying up on this stuff." 4) An abrupt answer to "why are you selling?" "I'm getting out of the hobby, period." And then, 5) the sudden switch from phone to email which stopped completely when I became suspicious.

A person with this type of personality disorder is also probably reading these posts because the excitement of hurting others overwhelms their better nature. The ultimate excitement for this type is to risk getting locked up, which may be the next step.

W0AD

kc4ylv

Post by kc4ylv »

I already got taken for 640 for an icom 746 pro, filed the Paypal dispute, got my money back yesterday and already turned it around to a VERIFIED, GOOD seller.

I'm suspecting it's one of his sons - there's a doctor son with accolades and accreditations, and there's another son that I can't find out anything about. Something tells me that "Les" is in a nursing home or some other full time care and this is the not-so-prodigal son coming home to 'take care of the house.' The landline *does* trace back to a Lester Gideon so there's a nugget of truth in here, somewhere.
Joew3gms

Post by Joew3gms »

I wanted to let everyone know that PayPay did good for me and my money was refunded. It appears that one has to be very careful and not select "Family and Friends".
Karma is a wonderful thing and people that do this stuff will ultimately pay the price.

Joe W3GMS