***WARNING KJ4RWH ***

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
KJ4RWH

***WARNING KJ4RWH ***

Post by KJ4RWH »

Guys & Gals, this is the real KJ4RWH in Virginia. In today's mail I received a Postal Money Order for $90. It was payment from WY6** for an antenna. He is fortunate as I have no antenna for sale and fortunate that he mailed payment to the FCC address listed for me. I have already addressed his letter to return his payment next week. Be extra careful if you are approached after listing a "Wanted to Buy" ad. These seem to draw the crooks out of their dung heap! :evil:
KJ4RWH

Re: ***WARNING KJ4RWH ***

Post by KJ4RWH »

Check with me before sending funds or equipment.

KJ4RWH@arrl.net

:D
KJ4RWH

Re: ***WARNING KJ4RWH ***

Post by KJ4RWH »

I sent a detailed letter to outlook.com regarding the hijacked email. The prompt reply I received informed me that the account in question (jeffkj4rwh@outlook.com) has been shutdown!
I have also forwarded a letter to the Las Vegas Municipal Police, EAC sector, Capt. James Seebock outlining the scam being perpetrated involving mail fraud, impersonation to mislead and theft by deceit. The address given by the scammer for payment falls into this jurisdiction. There was also a report to the Internet Crime Unit filed and I listed the email & names of four individuals who have been cheated by this miscreant.
My next option would be a road trip, then its all over. :twisted: