Got Scammed

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
ke2yk

Got Scammed

Post by ke2yk »

Yup I got sucked in by scammer using KJ4RWH callsign with email of kj4rwh@outlook.com... Scammer searched WTB ads... Lost $125.00 USPS is investigating fraud....
wd6k

Re: Got Scammed

Post by wd6k »

you got scammed, contact the loca lauthorities at the location where you got scammed.....If you sent a money order, send the local authorities a copy of the money order,check or whatever you used.....You had to send the money to an address, use that to contact the authorities. good luck, dont give up
eazk9fon

Post by eazk9fon »

Thats why i ONLY use Paypal... Weeds out the scammers and non hackers...
kd4lyh

Post by kd4lyh »

eazk9fon wrote:Thats why i ONLY use Paypal... Weeds out the scammers and non hackers...
I use to not like Paypal now I will only use Paypal myself. If they wont take Paypal run the other way unless you know the seller. No guarantee with anything but at least you have some protection with Paypal. All this scamming makes it hard to trust anyone anymore.
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

I insist on PayPal any more. Somebody using K9AXI (SK) just ripped me off and I am confident PayPal will return my funds. They have in the past.
Steve - KA9MOT
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

PayPal Refunded my lost money today. PayPal 1/Scammer 0
Steve - KA9MOT
ki4wvz

Post by ki4wvz »

thanks to this forum I did not get scammed from this guy

thanks guys steve